Sunday, September 6, 2009

More to the Story of Double Diamond

My opinion of Double Diamond Resort Properties.

Double Diamond Resorts, AKA Double Diamond Properties own and manage Eagle Rock Resort in PA, The Cliffs Resort on Possum Kingdom Lake TX, The Retreat at Cleburn TX, White Bluff Resort on Lake Whitney TX, and Rock Creek Resort on Lake Texhoma.

Continuations of the previous story:

I was upset and disappointed, I admit. We had been offered something, and when we tried to claim it, they changed the requirements so we could not.

I decided to do something about it. Not that it would do any good, but I would complain so that maybe someone else wouldn't have to deal with liars.

I found the Better Business Bureau on line and filed a complaint. I figured maybe some savvy person might look up the business to see if any complaints had been filed. The next day, the BBB called me to say they had received the complaint and would forward it to White Bluff Resort. They had 10 days to respond.

Low and behold, the next day I was called by someone with Double Diamond, this time from a number showing to be Eagle Rock in PA. The woman (again a different woman than I had talked to before) said that "the corporate office" had instructed her to call me and allow me to tour based on the original qualifications that were sent in the mailer. She even sent me a new email confirmation with the original qualifications in it. I asked if there would be any problem at the resort, since they were operating on the 'new' ones. Again I was assured, repeatedly, that no there would be no problems, just show up and everything would be fine.

Now, imagine that I was not surprised to receive a message to call the resort yesterday on the phone. I called and was told that they would have to cancel our appointment (again). This time, because people had 'called in sick'.

Imagine, calling in sick 2 days in advance! And on a holiday weekend. I wonder if they canceled every one's appointment and just shut the place down, or was it only the people who were honest with them and told them they would likely not buy anything and only wanted the free gift we had been offered.

So, at this point I can honestly say that Double Diamond Resorts Properties have made offers of free gifts to me, and then changed the requirements to keep from giving them out. They also canceled appointments twice so as not to give out the offered gifts.

I would advise everyone to watch out for
Double Diamond Resorts, AKA Double Diamond Properties own and manage Eagle Rock Resort in PA, The Cliffs Resort on Possum Kingdom Lake TX, The Retreat at Cleburn TX, White Bluff Resort on Lake Whitney TX, and Rock Creek Resort on Lake Texhoma.

I don't trust them. They have lied to me.

Please, leave comments. I will respond. Tell me your horror stories.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home